Velus
Back to Discussions
The questionTools & processHR

๐Ÿ“ง ๐—ข๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐—ง๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜€๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ: ๐—˜๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—น ๐—˜๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ˜‚

HR Executiveโœ“VAsked this

1h ago0 answers

๐Ÿ“ง ๐—ข๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐—ง๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜€๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ: ๐—˜๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—น ๐—˜๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ˜‚

If Lebanese work emails had subtitles, HR would need popcorn. ๐Ÿฟ

โ€œPer my last emailโ€ = I already said this, but letโ€™s pretend you didnโ€™t see it.

โ€œCircling backโ€ = You ignored me once โ€” never again.

โ€œHope this finds you wellโ€ = before the power goes out.

โ€œLetโ€™s take this offlineโ€ = ta ma n3ayet 3a ba3dna bil group chat.

โ€œKind regardsโ€ = Iโ€™m typing with rage but keeping it classy.

โ€œFollowing upโ€ = Still nothing? Ok, round two.

โ€œGentle reminderโ€ = This is your final warning โ€” gently.

โ€œNoted with thanksโ€ = I have no energy to discuss this further.

โ€œBest regardsโ€ = Iโ€™m done being nice.

โ€œPlease adviseโ€ = Iโ€™ve given up โ€” itโ€™s your problem now.

โ€œAny update?โ€ = Iโ€™m asking nicely before I lose it.

โ€œApologies for the delayโ€ = Lebanese internet happened.

โ€œAppreciate your supportโ€ = I really mean: please fix this.

Corporate life in Lebanon is already a dark comedyโ€ฆ

the emails just add subtitles.

AskingHR ProfessionalsRecruitersPeople Operations+19

Answers

From professionals who have handled this themselves.

Sign up to share what actually worked for you โ€” anonymously.

Sign up to answer

No perspectives have been shared yet.

Be the first professional to help. A few honest paragraphs from someone who has been here is worth more than a hundred opinions.